Anno Glorii is a calendar system created by Skepness Man to accurately track time periods in the Marrissaverse. It is based on two cycles: the daily cycle (subdivided to hours, minutes and seconds) and the yearly cycle (subdivided to months, which makes Anno Glorii a solar calendar). The yearly cycle is not synchronized with the daily cycle in favor of each day/year being of exactly the same length at all times, and as such a new month/year could possibly start in the middle of day.
The calendar begins on the aftermath of the events of Invader Zim: Born Again Christian. Thus, the system is named after the story's main character, Gloria Deschanel, and the time directly after the aftermath is named January 1, Anno Glorii 1. From this moment on the years are tracked. Each year lasts exactly 365.2421897 days and each month lasts exactly 30.4368491 days, with daily subdivisions named consecutively. The Second Creation lasts until November 11, AG 2624, when the Earth is attacked by the Red Miles.
It is important to note that the correct usage of the term is for it to precede the year, e.g. AG 1980, AG 2174. However, many characters in-universe do not follow this usage, instead preferring the term to go after the year, e.g. 1980 AG, 2174 AG. This is similar to the incorrect usage of AD (Anno Domini, our current calendar system) in real life.
History of the world based on the Anno Glorii systemEdit
Main article: Timeline of MarissaTheWriter stories/Anno Glorii
- 1 BD (Before Deschanel): the events of Invader Zim: Born Again Christian
- AG 1: beginning of the Second Creation
- AG 1980: the events of the majority of Post-SCrash Session 3: Spectators of the Host
- AG 1998: the events of TEEN FORTRESS 2
- AG 2011: Portal Labs founded
- AG 2174-2175: the events of ITS MY LIFE! and THE MARRISSA GAMES
- AG 2211: Candacension Pixies takes over the world; beginning of the post-Condensation epoch
- AG 2624: the events of Post-SCrash Session, the Second Creation ends